Very Scary E-Mail

It arrived at eight minutes past five this morning. I saw it at half-seven, bleary-eyed and not a little hungover.

Lately, I've been dimly aware that Polaris Productions' year-long option on my Panik script expires next month. Tried not to think about it too much, which has been surprisingly easy with all the great stuff that's happening. But when I saw the e-mail this morning from Polaris President Kristin Overn (subject line simply 'PANIK'), I knew it would be a decision on their part...

I opened it pretty quickly (hangovers having a way of making you think, "What the hell? Surely I can't feel worse than I already do") and was excited to see that Polaris want to extend the option for another year! Furthermore, industry response from potential co-producers, financiers, etc, has been "extremely encouraging".

As I was writing this, Martin left a comment on the previous post, suggesting I've made a pact with the Devil. And sweet lord, this would seem to confirm it. Maybe I did it when I was drunk. Wonder what I signed over in return?

9 comments:

Jon said...

"Maybe I did it when I was drunk. Wonder what I signed over in return?"

...maybe you signed over your drinking rights for a period of, say, 40 years! Oh, the irony. Mwahahaha!

James Moran said...

Congratulations! Splendid news, sir. The option, I mean, not the pact with the Devil.

Anonymous said...

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!

potdoll said...

great news!

Jon said...

...and congratulations as well!!! Left those out didn't I? D'oh!

Phill Barron said...

Why, when something nice happens, do people immediately assume they've made a deal with the devil? Perhaps you've made a deal with some passing God? There's certainly a lot of them about and they must be getting quite desperate for believers by now.

Maybe one of them has decided to ape the Devil's tactics and be nice to people in exchange for souls?

You know, as opposed to refusing to speak, act, be visible or even tangible and getting stroppy when no one but the slightly insane believes in them.

Unknown said...

Or it could be you've just got a very vivid imagination and you have not - as you'd have us believe - managed to secure all these marvellous contracts and commissions with the aid of only a mood board and a bucket.

Although of course I believe you...

Jon said...

...why, M'am, are you suggesting that the whole of this most excellent and wholesome blog should be published as some latterday Belle de Jour? Who could play our host?

...not that I would suggest for a second that I suspect BdJ is a fiction!

Unknown said...

Jon
That's exactly what I'm suggesting. I mean, has anyone actually met this Arnopp fellow? (Well, I have. And so have you. But you know what I mean.)

I'm thinking of Rupert Penry-Jones as Jason in the TV adaptation of this blog. I'll play the bucket.