Amazing Technicolor Dream-Quotes

This week, I was filmed by a BBC1 documentary crew, while interviewing Lee Mead, winner of the channel's Any Dream Will Do 'reali-talent' contest, for heat magazine. I hadn't been previously aware that the crew would be present, and filming the lion's share of my chat with Lee, so it put me on the back-foot a tad. The problem with situations like this, is that interviewees become aware of a boom-mike hovering unsubtly above their head and think they're being interviewed for a TV show (please do not swear) rather than a magazine (please do swear and be a little more forthcoming than you might be on the box).

All things considered, it turned out well. I was extremely glad that I had a nice shirt on - and especially that I'd had a haircut the day before. Wasn't happy about being caught with spectacles on, mind. So if you've been losing sleep over what I might look like with four eyes, your misery will be alleviated come Christmas and the Winner's Story special...

2 comments:

Lucy V said...

Did you poke him in the eye like all musical theatre people deserve?? Please say yes.

Jason Arnopp said...

I gave him a Chinese burn. Is that sufficient punishment for you, madam?