My First Feature Film

A while back, director Dan 'Daniel' Turner and I went out in London for several pints of ale.  Although we'd previously worked on a number of projects together, that evening was intended purely as a social catch-up.  A quackery session.

Somewhere around the middle of this session, Dan told me about an idea he'd had for a horror film.  He casually presented it to me in the form of five words.  Just five.

I was immediately hooked.  We spent the rest of the night talking about nothing else.  It became an obsession - the kind of idea that simply had to become a film.  It couldn't not.  In coming weeks, it grew and grew, in a flurry of e-mails, texts and Twitter DMs.

This film is about to be made.  Currently untitled, it starts shooting next week.  Dan's directing.  Dean Fisher at Scanner Rhodes, who previously handled the likes of City Rats, is producing.  I'm the writer and executive producer.

We're setting out to hit the viewer hard.  To scare, disturb, jolt and generally terrorise them.

I don't believe I could possibly be more excited.  You'd never know from my ice-cool demeanour, but I've been shrieking like a gibbon throughout this entire post.

Good day to you.

9 comments:

Brian Robinson said...

Great news, Mr Arnopp, especially considering recent events regarding UK film funding. Looking forward to seeing it.

Piers said...

Hoorah!

Gerry Hayes said...

Well, that's rather splendid now, isn't it? Hearty congratulations J Arners.

Oli said...

Well, f*ck a d*ck, that's lovely. I'll write an actual e-mail to say this as well, but y'know, not for another month or so...

Eleanor said...

Yay?

Congrats!

Don't let producing drive you insane ... er, more insame. ;)

*envy*

Andy Conway said...

Snap, mate! I'm also about to have my first feature go into production. I can barely contain myself with gushing giddyfoolery.

Great to hear your news and can't wait to read your production blog (if you even have a spare minute with which to micturate).

Ken Armstrong said...

It's just great... can't wait it see it...

... is it done yet?

... eh?

The Kid In The Front Row said...

Can you tell us the five words? :)

Lucy V said...

Hey, dunno how I missed this -- just picked up via a random RT on Twitter and followed it back here. Nice one hun!!! Hope you had a blast and it all went swimmingly xxx