Wake Me Up When September Ends... Yvonne Grace's New Site...

I've decided to make the most of being freelance and flexible, so am taking September off. More specifically, I'm taking the month off from everything except scriptwriting and journalistic work for Doctor Who Magazine. Christ, I might even go on holiday. That would be mad. Looking forward to it.

A couple of months back, I attended a soap-storylining class helmed by Yvonne Grace, at London's Script Factory. While the two-day event made me doubt that soap was my natural vocation (mainly because I don't automatically warm to the idea of being in a room of writers competing to say sentences beginning with "I think..."), Yvonne's endlessly energetic tutorage was spot-on and inspirational.

Anyway, she's launched a website called Script Advice, so take a look. Here's her impressive CV...

EXPERIENCED DRAMA PRODUCER:
I have 16 years experience in television drama and have worked extensively for both ITV and the BBC. I have worked on EASTENDERS as a SCRIPT EDITOR. Trained new STORYLINERS to work on CORONATION STREET. Was SERIES SCRIPT EDITOR on the WARD for CITV which was BAFTA nominated. I PRODUCED and developed the comedy series MY DAD'S A BORING NERD for CITV which WON BEST CHILDREN'S COMEDY OF 1998. I PRODUCED the second series of HOLBY CITY FOR BBC1 and was responsible for taking this show from a 6 Million rating to a 9.6 Million rating. I EXECUTIVE PRODUCED CROSSROADS for ITV and delivered a 1.5 Million rating five days a week. I develop and write my own projects for Television and regularly teach and lecture within the media industry.

6 comments:

Oli said...

Enjoy the break... though it sounds like you're still going to be doing more work than I find comfortable when relaxing :)

Jason Arnopp said...

Thankyou, sir. But yeah, let's be honest - it won't be any kind of break from work at all. It'll be me focussing on certain areas of work... I think I'm physically and mentally incapable of properly taking a month off. Which is a shame.

Piers said...

Work up to it.

Start with a day off, and you'll be able to build up to whole weeks of relaxation in no time at all.

Stuart Perry said...

You always seem very relaxed in person, though. You're obviously good at hiding that workaholic streak.

Jason Arnopp said...

I'm all right when my laptop isn't nearby, or present at all - as was the case in Cheltenham. Maybe that's what fooled you, Mr Perry!

One thing I'd really like to do in September is watch a few films. For a man who owns about 2000 of the things, I really haven't watched many this year...

potdoll said...

enjoy your break jason. i can't believe you have so many dvds!