The Rush

Ah yes, I like this. That feeling when you've launched into a new project and it feels good, like it's really working.

My short script You're All Going To Die isn't entirely finished yet, but it's getting there. While waiting for the last few Power Of Three feedbackers to return their notes, I thought I'd get stuck into the next one - a rom-com script with lots of sex and swearing. Thing is, I can't quite decide how long it's going to end up. It's been in my head for a year or even two, and I've had the first five pages for a while. So yesterday I wrote a new outline, which really seemed to freshen the concept. Then today I plunged in. And I've finished for the day at a lovely 22 pages. Marvellous. Think I'm going to just carry on writing, then work out as I go what kind of length it will end up. Right now, I'm thinking an hour...

2 comments:

Andy Phillips said...

You put me to shame!

22 pages would be an exeptional day for me. I forget my personal best, but I think it's somewhere around 35 pages.

Jason Arnopp said...

Ahhh, but I already had five pages, y'see sir. So it's not so exceptional. Just pleasing. :-)