Mad Morning... Crazy Notepad Action...

Today was intended to be all about my own scriptwork. But no. By 8.30am, I'd received TWO emergency calls from magazines. One needed me to interview Malcolm McDowell this morning. The other, Heat mag, needed me to come in and temp on the TV desk.

As much I'd love to interview McDowell, Heat always comes first, so I had to regretfully turn the other fine title down. Anyway, here's the point: when you're self-employed, it's never 100% possible to set time aside for your own work. But lord knows, I'm trying...

Notebook update: there is now a green notebook in my jacket pocket, for capturing story ideas, dialogue and other assorted brainwaves. And if I DO need to use it for non-story scribbling, they go in the back. Eventually, of course, both sets of notes will meet in the middle. Then I'll buy another notebook.

4 comments:

rob said...

Malcolm McDowell though?
Tough decision.

I've got notebooks like that and they always ends up with shopping lists or phone numbers right slap in the middle.

What's the first 'new' Hammer film going to be then?

Jason Arnopp said...

It was indeed a tough choice, Mr S. But you have to show loyalty, sometimes.

Yes, I wonder what this new Hammer revival will mean. The story about it on Page 3 of today's Sun is hilarious, if you haven't seen it - the most desperate attempt to link two disparate story elements I've perhaps ever seen! :-)

Andy Phillips said...

When you say, 'temping on the TV desk,' does that mean actually going in to the office?

Jason Arnopp said...

Mr Pillock, yep, it does indeed mean going into the heat office. Sitting there all day, editing things, writing things, checking things, subbing things and trying to avoid the lure of Krispy Kreme donuts which always seem to appear on a nearby desk for everyone to eat. It's a really cool office, I have to say.