Tempting Fates: New Teaser & Start Date

The teaser-trailer for Tempting Fates is now online. This is the online comedy/drama series which I worked on in the first half of this year, having been hired by the good people of Eye Film & TV to co-storyline and co-write four 50-minute episodes (which will each go out in five-minute chunks, never fear).

I'm pleased to say the trailer looks great, and it's clear that director and co-writer Frank Prendergast has captured all the fun of the Fates. The four main leads, whose names I have yet to learn, really look right for the roles, too, so I'm very happy.

Tempting Fates starts online on Monday, October 19. I'll naturally be reporting back with more details. In terms of what it's about, the teaser will give you the gist, but it's very fundamentally three hot goddesses killing people on a university campus. Always a pleasure.

So here's that teaser - if you like, then do spread it around, and/or join the Tempting Fates Facebook group. For some reason, the video's screen overlaps into this blog's sidebar, but I've no idea how to remedy this, so we'll all just have to make our peace with it.



So. How you been?

5 comments:

Piers said...

Fine thanks. Working hard.

Yourself?

Sarah Olley said...

Hi Jason, was in the edit suite on Thursday and can tell you the edit is coming along nicely. I've also seen rough cuts of all the eps and given some feedback and must say its been fun to see our stories and scripts coming to life. Are you going to the cast and crew screening? I'm very sad to say I don't think I'll be able to make it! But looking forward to seeing it finished and online. See you in Cheltenham if not before x x

Sarah Olley said...

Hi Jason, was in the edit suite on Thursday and can tell you the edit is coming along nicely. I've also seen rough cuts of all the eps and given some feedback and must say its been fun to see our stories and scripts coming to life. Are you going to the cast and crew screening? I'm very sad to say I don't think I'll be able to make it! But looking forward to seeing it finished and online. See you in Cheltenham if not before x x

Kevin said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats.

storygas said...

Hi there -- tempting fates looks great -- linked to it on my uk web series blog here

http://www.storygas.com/2009/11/uk-online-drama-tempting-fates.html

and that link seems to have been picked up by the good guys at lg15today.blogspot.com

I had problems with youtube clips too, and its a pain in the arse, but you can change the height and width in the embed codes (you have to change them to the same number where they appear twice in the code)
-- if you find the right width
(my blog is 400) you have to scale the height down by the same proportion...

(for me, if its a widescreen video, like your promo, I change the widthxheight to
400 and 245

and for a 4:3 (old TV shape)
I change the width x height to
400 and 330

You have to do it in both places those figures appear in the embed code though for it to work.

- once you find the right figure - stick with it! I put a note of those dimensions in my post template so I dont have to remember them every time.

Anyway, how dull is this --- looking forward to seeing what the fates hold in store!

All the best, NEIL