The new Doctor Who Magazine.... no more Life On Mars...

Doctor Who Magazine hits the stands tomorrow. I'm especially delighted with this issue, as I have a load of work in it. Then again, I often prefer it when I don't, as there's more for me to read.

My contribution to this one is a sizeable feature on Series Three's opening episode, which aired last Saturday. I'd forgotten how much work went into writing it. Lord, it's big. There's also my preview for episode three, Gridlock. This weekend's episode, The Shakespeare Code, is a marvellous piece of work, so make sure you watch, Who-cynic or not. If you're interested in scripts, which I assume you are, this one's got way more than a groatsworth of wit...

This evening, I watched a preview disc of the last ever episode of Life On Mars. I'm not going to reveal anything about it, other than the fact that it was excellent. It's entirely admirable, too, that the show has ended after a mere two series. In a world where Lost looks set to run and run, in an X-Files-y kinda 'We have no idea where this is going, but the ratings are good so let's prolong the mystery' way, this has to be saluted. Life On Mars will now be regarded as a fine, imaginative drama with integrity. Top work!

1 comment:

Lianne said...

Looking forward to the Shakespeare Code tonight, and practically weeing myself in anticipation of the Life on Mars finale. Sorry, that was disgusting. I don't have incontinence issues, really.

Any thoughts on the Life on Mars spin-off Ashes to Ashes?