Scary Christmas: The Deadlines

In October, my short supernatural tale A Sincere Warning About The Entity In Your Home was published.  Perhaps the first ever ghost story to be largely set in the home of whoever reads it, the book is available as a low-cost ebook or as a strongly personalised, physical letter mailed to your home.

I wanted to let potential buyers of the Bespoke Deluxe Paper Edition (ie the physical letter, which addresses you by name, knows exactly where you live and all sorts) know the situation with pre-Christmas order deadlines, especially since most fiendish folk seem to be ordering this item as a twisted gift for others!

Outside the UK: the deadline for guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery of the letter, if you would like it delivered before Christmas (mail permitting), is this Thursday December 6.  After that date, it's very unlikely.

In the UK: the deadline for guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery of the letter, if you would like it delivered before Christmas (mail permitting), is this Sunday December 9.  After that date, there's no guarantee.

Also, here's a mini FAQ section...

Can I order the letter to be delivered to someone else?
Yes, absolutely.  Just explain your needs either in PayPal's special instructions box or in an accompanying email.  I'll just need the victim's address!

Can I order the letter to be delivered to someone else, but have it delivered to me?
Sure, if you're willing to pay a little extra for the second envelope.  Drop me a line.

What if I order this letter for someone and it quite literally scares them to death?
I really wouldn't advise you to order this letter for anyone who's likely to keel over!  To prevent malicious use, though, each letter ends with 'This letter was bought for you at ScaryLetter.com, by [Name Of Buyer]'.  Just in case.

Can you deliver as close to Christmas Day itself as possible?
The best I can do here is write 'Do not open until Christmas Day' on the back on the envelope.  Happy to do so on request.

Do you like cheese?
Yes, I love it, thanks for asking.

Orders are already coming in today after a tweet I posted earlier on this subject.  If I receive a certain numbers of orders I may not be able to guarantee pre-Christmas delivery at all, so it's all on a 'first come, first scared' basis.  If I reach a limit, I'll post an update on the official page at ScaryLetter.com, saying as much.  Head there now to order either the ebook or physical letter!

                                                                         * * *

My horror novella Beast In The Basement is a dark, twisted tale of obsession, revenge, censorship, blame culture and parental responsibility.  In a big house in the countryside, an increasingly unstable author toils over a new hotly-anticipated novel which will close the best-selling trilogy of Jade Nexus books.  A violent incident tips him into a downward spiral with horrific consequences.  Read it before someone spoilers you!  Beast is available for Kindle (which can be read on most devices) at Amazon UK, Amazon US and more.  More details here.

My Amazon-acclaimed non-fiction ebook How To Interview Doctor Who, Ozzy Osbourne And Everyone Else is out now on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Germany, among others.  You can also buy it direct from me, in a Triple Pack of all three major file-types (PDF, ePub, Kindle), via PayPal.  Full details here, you splendid individual.

How to Interview Doctor Who, Ozzy Osbourne and Everyone Else

No comments: