Grab Free Ghost Story - And Win Stuff!

Hey!  Throughout Easter 2015 (April 3-April 6 inclusive), my acclaimed short ghost story A Sincere Warning About The Entity In Your Home is free to download at all Amazon sites worldwide.

Set in the home of whoever reads it, this story has been described as "terrifying" and currently has 33 five-star reviews at Amazon UK.  And yet, this weekend, it's free to grab for your electronic device (which doesn't have to be an actual Kindle, thanks to Amazon's free reading apps.)  And if you're a Twitter user, you can win a prize for helping me spread the word.

(If you'd just like to check out the free book pages at Amazon right away, here are the links: UK USCanadaGermanyFranceItalySpain, NetherlandsJapan, India, Mexico, Australia, Brazil.)

If you help signal-boost this giveaway, you may win your own Paper Edition of A Sincere Warning About The Entity In Your Home.  Snail-mailed to your home, the Paper Edition presents the story as a unique physical letter, made by me for you and tailored for you in key respects (such as including your name, home town, etc.)  It'll get snail-mailed to your home, or a loved one's home if you choose.  These Paper Editions are normally priced between £39.99 and £42,99, depending on where you are in the world.  You can see full details of my A Sincere Warning... Paper Editions here.

I'll also send a bundle of totally random comics to two runners-up, anywhere in the world.  How'd you like them apples?

To be in with a chance of winning, simply post a tweet on April 3, 4, 5 or 6, which achieves three things:

1) It says I'm giving away a free book and/or ghost story.  Doesn't even have to mention me by name or the book's title (especially as that title is very long!), but feel free if you like.

2) It links to this page you're reading, right here.

3) If you want to enter the competition, include the hashtag #TheEntityIsFree.  This will allow me to gather all the helpful folks' tweets, from which I'll randomly select a winner after Easter.  I'll then tweet at the winner and runners-up, post-weekend, to get their details.

Tweeting more than once about the giveaway won't increase your chance of winning, so there's no need to spam those followers!  Neither does your location on the planet matter: I'll send the Paper Edition and runners-up comics anywhere.  Even if you live in a shack on the Serengeti plain.  (Note: due to an impending deadline, you'll receive your Paper Edition by the end of May 2015.)

Now, then.  Why am I making my book free for four whole days?  Isn't that a smack in the face for the people who've already bought it?

The Paper Edition of A Sincere Warning...
You could see it that way and if you do, I apologise.

To all those kind souls who already bought A Sincere Warning About The Entity In Your Home: thank you very much.  I'm sorry you didn't get it for free, but at least you've had the book for longer and have helped keep my home supplied with handy things like electricity and water.  Electricity is especially useful for a writer, as I'm useless with a quill.  It's very much appreciated.

Here's the main reason for launching a free Amazon promotion: making the book, and my work, better known.  Extending my reach to readers who might not otherwise have checked out my stuff.  This seems to be a very important tool for an author.

So, if you're game, let's do this!  Let's storm Amazon's Free Book Chart like some kind of crazed Vikings.

Pick up A Sincere Warning About The Entity In Your Home for free this Easter at these sites!

Amazon UKAmazon US Amazon Canada
Amazon Germany Amazon France Amazon Italy
Amazon Spain Amazon Japan Amazon Brazil
Amazon India Amazon Mexico Amazon Australia

To new visitors, who may have encountered this site for the first time as a result of this promotion: welcome!  I write about all kinds of stuff here: writing tips, my fiction, things I care about, things I love, things I don't love so much.  Have a look around, make yourself at home: take a look at the Top 10 Most Popular Blogposts list on the right-hand column.

If you enjoy A Sincere Warning About The Entity In Your Home then please tell your friends and consider reviewing it on Amazon.  That makes such a difference.  Also consider checking out my Kindle novella Beast In The Basement, which can be rented for free by Kindle Unlimited members.

Thank you all, and good day to you.


* * *






No comments: